About the job
VOX Global, a bipartisan strategic communications firm, is seeking qualified candidates for our full-time Social Media internship/fellowship to support our Washington DC-based social media team.This internship/fellowship is a paid, full-time position for Fall 2023. Our ideal applicants will be talented college seniors, or recent graduates with the necessary skills to assist our team with content writing, research, social media analytics and more. Interns/Fellows will have the opportunity to participate in professional development trainings to grow their skills, and would join us in a hybrid model of working in-person in our Washington, DC office and remote.Strong interest in communications, social media content drafting, and executive thought leadership development is preferred. Candidates should have exceptional attention to detail and strong writing skills. A passion for learning is vital.VOX Global believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our firm, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans and individuals with disabilities.Responsibilities
- Draft engaging short-form and long-form content for Twitter and LinkedIn on a variety of business topics
- Stay on top of social media trends and the news
- Pitch the team relevant, creative ideas for growing social engagement
- Track social media analytics
- Create presentations for clients summarizing data insights, outcomes and implications
- Research new opportunities to build relationships with influencers and thought leaders online
- University seniors or recent graduates with full-time availability/40 hour per week (8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday – Friday) starting in Fall 2023, start date is flexible
- Location: Our hybrid model requires in-person presence in our Washington, DC office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, and remotely Mondays and Fridays
- Demonstrated interest in communications, social media, and/or related fields
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to translate technical topics into engaging content for a variety of audiences
- Experience writing for social media platforms (Twitter and LinkedIn specifically)
- Familiarity using data to inform social media strategy and/or content creation
- Interest in learning about one or more of the following topic areas is a plus: financial services; environmental, social and governance (ESG); diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I); technology; marketing; customer experience; or small business
- Experience with excel is a plus
Application RequirementsInterested candidates must attach the following items to their online application upon submission:
- Cover letter expressing interest in VOX Global and how a social media internship/fellowship here would further your career goals.
- Writing sample, which may include a professional social media portfolio, a classroom assignment, work product from a previous internship, a blog post, or an article from a campus newspaper/magazine.
About VOX Based in Washington, D.C., VOX Global uses a wide variety of communications skills to deliver messaging that resonates with our clients’ target audiences. VOX Global is part the Omnicom strategic communications network and we are committed to personal growth through professional development. For more information, visit www.voxglobal.com .VOX Global is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. VOX Global does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where VOX Global does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.About Omnicom Public Relations GroupOmnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team .